Dear Specialshaadi.com Users,
Specialshaadi.com aims to provide you with a safe & secure environment in which you search and find your life partner.
- Our Customer Relations team ensures that every profile put up at govtshaadi.com is screened for irrelevant and/or inappropriate content.
- We have strict abuse-prevention and reporting systems for those that do get through our screening plan.
However, in ensuring your safety & privacy, we're limited to actions that are within our control. Therefore, we request you to exercise some simple safety precautions for your privacy & for a safe and secure experience.
Here are some simple guidelines You can follow to protect your privacy.
1. Always Guard your anonymity.
Our system of anonymous contacting (expressing interest, accepting/declining), and private messaging (Communicate section) is to ensure that your identity is protected until you decide to reveal it.
- Always remember that you are in control of your online panel at all times. You can remain completely anonymous until you choose to disclose your identity.
- Never include your personal contact information like name, email address, home address, telephone numbers, place of work or any other identifying information in your initial messages.
- Never send contact information until your instincts tell you that this is someone you can trust. It's okay to take your time. Just dont trust anyone till you are sure.
2. Always Start slow – Use only emails initially
It’s a good idea to set up a separate email account for communicating. Trust your instincts and start by sharing only your email address and communicating solely via email initially till you are comfortable and can trust the contact.
- Watch out for odd behavior or inconsistencies. Serious people will respect your space and allow you to take your time.
- Ask a relative or a friend to read the emails you receive - an unbiased observer can spot warning signs you missed and make you more comfortable with your online search.
- Stop communicating with anyone who pressures you for personal information or attempts in any way to trick you into revealing it.
- Never use signature lines in your emails that include your phone numbers and address.
- Never use your regular or official email id for communicating with a person you don't know well.